Tuesday, March 30, 2010

prices

hi all going to calangute soon with 2 weeks with my wife.



how much spending money should we take to livbe like kings and do lots of trips



prices


Hi,



My father in law has been going for the past 11 years and he says its impossible to spend your money there. We are going 6th of april with them and there three of us and we are taking about £1500 for the two weeks but hoping to bring some back hope this helps you.



Marie.



prices


Hi, last year we took just over a grand and spent £840 for the two of us B %26amp; B in a fortnight. This included loads and I mean loads of shopping, taxis to and from town day and night, lunch, dinner and enough alcohol to sink a battle ship and a couple of trips.




Meerkat



when you say %26#39;loads of shopping%26#39;, don%26#39;t you mean a suitcase full of sandals? LOL





On our last visit (Feb 08) for 3 weeks, we didn%26#39;t do any trips but we ate out every lunch %26amp; dinner and I bought: Olay Anti wrinkle cream x 3, designer high heel sandals , Himalaya foot cream x 9, Mulberry handbag, Prada handbag, opal %26amp; diamond ring, diamond ring, Pashmina x 6.





We took £1600 %26amp; brought £600 back.




Prettypollycat - well a gal can%26#39;t have too many shoes now can she?! I didn%26#39;t even mention the four %26#39;designer%26#39; handbags and five watches before either :)




Meerkat



do you ever buy sandals from Bombay Bazaar in Panjim?



I have small feet (UK 2, 35 EU) and their size 5 seems to fit me OK.



I%26#39;ve bought some really lovely diamonte ones from there, although last time I was a bit more restrained than usual. Only one pair? I can%26#39;t believe it!





We%26#39;re really missing our visits to Candolim this season.




Dear PrettyPollyCat I am going to Panji thic coming Monday to see a dentist. Is the BombayBazaar easy to find, or will I be easier to use a taxi my dentist is quite central? Cheers.




Lisa



Bombay Bazaar is (I think) on 18th June Road, which is one of the biggest.





It%26#39;s a large shop that you%26#39;d find hard to miss.



Shoes are upstairs.



They have some costume jewellery downstairs that I usually look at too.





The shop assistants can be a bit hassling.





Years ago in there, I had 3 assistants all bringing me sandals to try on.



I%26#39;d chosen one pair, then found another pair I liked so they were taking the first pair away until I said %26#39;No! I want those too!';.



I think the concept that people would buy more than one pair was quite strange for them but they%26#39;re probably used to it now (especially if Meerkat%26#39;s been in. LOL).








so you and yer man like ah small refreshment meerkat next year we will have ah battle of britain competition and i think the couple from the north will win handsdown so bottoms up cheers jon n eileen




wont need that much unless u by our drinks all week




Hi there... we are just back and we spent £700 in a 2 week stay, we did not scrimp on anything, this includes shopping, Taxis,Trips, Hotel charges (safe) eat and drunk like Kings and went to some of the more expensive restaurents as well.



Cheers



Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment