Sunday, March 28, 2010

New Hold Baggage Weight Limit - Thomson Holidays



Hi everybody





Thomson Holidays to limit each hold luggage item



to 23kgs from 1st May 2009.





My holiday confirmation from Thomson states -





Please Note : '; From 1st may 2009 the absolute



limit for any one piece of luggage is 23kg.



From this date any item found to weigh more than



23kg will need to be repacked.';





So First Choice / Portland I expect will be same.





Thats the reason I have only booked 1 extra 5kgs



on top of our 20kgs allowed for our holiday to



Goa,split the 5kgs between us,to keep in limit.





Looks like if you want extra weight,has a couple



you take a extra case to keep in the limit.



New Hold Baggage Weight Limit - Thomson Holidays


Weve booked with Thomas Cook and there limit is 15kg for hold and 5kg for hand!!! My wifes shoes weigh at least 10kg!!



New Hold Baggage Weight Limit - Thomson Holidays




That extra 5kgs is for extra shoes for our lass,



to go with 10kgs for shoes,5kgs for handbags she



already has.





I could open shoe / handbag shop with her stuff.




Taking handbags to Goa is like taking coals to Newcastle!




can%26#39;t fault any one bringing shoes flip flops or handbags back.a girl can never have enough.make sure you got some room for a leather jacket or 2 as well.




stuff the shoes and handbags i need it for my boxes of wine. thats why we upgrade.. pmsl






What is it with women %26amp; shoes,about 5 to 6 pairs,



then flip flops %26amp; trainers.





Then of course the main womans holiday item, the



hair dryer.




Its my understanding that thomsons premium is 23kg in the hold and 7kg hand luggage all others are 20kg and 5kg is this correct






Hi Carolebournmouth





To your question 7kgs hand luggage,with the 23kgs



hold luggage, if you have a 30kgs allowance.





Has I said I have normal allowance of 20kgs for 2



people, then I have booked one extra 5kgs,so a



total of 45kgs hold luggage,plus 5kgs hand luggage



each.



On my invoice it gives our total hold luggage at 45



kgs,then states :-



';In addition to the above hold luggage allowance,



the normal hand luggage allowance for holidays is



5kgs.';



Thats why I only paid %26amp; booked one extra 5kgs.



We came back from spain in feb 2009,flew with



thomson holidays,overweight charge per kg was



9 euros,how the £ was that was £1 : 10p a kg.




That%26#39;s correct, Carole, if their web-site%26#39;s up-to-date.






Hi carolebournmouth,





Sorry I forgot about premium allowance,to be honest



I`m not sure,but They do state 5kgs hand luggage,on



the confirmation document.



It could that it is different with premium, I have



not flown premium since 2006 with first choice to



Brasil.Personally I was not impressed.





Regards



Yorkieborn

No comments:

Post a Comment