Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Palace on Wheels -train

I have heard about a train ride called Palace On Wheels which makes a 8-day round-trip of Rajastan on the old maharaja style trains. Has anyone done this train journey? Is there enough time to see the actual sights in the cities visited or is it just mostly sitting on the train? Is the train comfortable to travel on and do you also sleep on the trains? Any info or shared experience about this train ride would be appreciated.



Palace on Wheels -train


I am replying to my own post. I found this train and its schedule on the internet. The route seems good but the train itself over-the-top kitchy and extremely expensive!!! The route is Delhi - Jaipur - Jaisalner - Jodhpur - Rathambore National Park - Chittorgarh - Udaipur - Bharatpur - Agra





I would like to make a round trip like this but leaving more time in some of the destinations and leaving out Chittorgarh and Bharatpur. Would it be possible to make it on regular train service? How are the sleep carriages on Indian trains? Or am I better of with a driver and staying at hotels on the way?

No comments:

Post a Comment