Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sunburn festival 2009, Goa

I am planning to go to Goa in December for the Sunburn music festival 2009. I am not sure however if it will take place. I have heard that there is a ban on beach parties in Goa. Does anyone know more about the festival this year or the ban in general? Thanx!



Sunburn festival 2009, Goa


take alook at the sunburn festival website nearer the date for details www.sunburn-festival.com.last years should have took place at candolim beach on the 27th to 29th dec but some things were goin to be canceled due to security risk



Sunburn festival 2009, Goa


If it was like the fiasco it was in Dec 08 I would not waste your money going.



Nobody knows what will happen this year, last years was due to beach security (or the lack of it) and who payed whom what back handers so it will all be wait and see.



If the Sunburn organisers lost as much money as was mooted then I don%26#39;t think they will bother.




Thanks for the info guys. Even if the festival doesn%26#39;t take place I am curious whether Goa is the place for me. I am into house and electronic music in general and I like parties, but I also like to chill out and relax in unspoiled beaches. I am looking for a place which combines it all. Something like Ibiza or Mykonos but without the cheesy tourists.




You could always try the urban beaches in Berlin on the bank of the River Spree - you%26#39;ll get the right sort of music and ambience, it%26#39;s not as commercial as SuperParadise etc in Mykonos and you get a really cool city to hang out by daytime.



Palolem in the far south of Goa may be the place for you - it%26#39;s v chilled.




TAGE - I think you will find we are all ';cheesy tourists'; on this forum.



Go to www.indiamike.com - they all call themselves travellers on there so you will be in good company!!




Hi jeera27.. I am sorry if you were offended by ';cheesy tourists';. I did not say this in a bad way and I was not intending to offend anyone. By ';cheesy tourists'; I mean people who visit a place and are drunk from day till night and cannot even pronounce the place which they visited, let alone know anything about its history etc. As I see you have a pretty high travel IQ so I assume you do not belong to that category. Someone can say that everyone has the right to spend his/hers holidays the way he/she chooses, which I totally agree, but I still have the right to criticize and avoid such places. Take care and thanks anyway..

No comments:

Post a Comment