Friday, March 26, 2010

Single Female Traveller Advice

Taking my 2nd trip to Goa this year at easter(last trip down south) and this time heading to Arpora. Any suggestions for safe/cool places to hang out? Would like to have massages and shop a little too (know about the markets). I%26#39;m a fairly experienced traveller (with a grown up son but not disclosing my age!)but want to make it a safe experience so all tips/advice welcome. Thanks!



Single Female Traveller Advice


Where abouts in Arpora are you staying?



Single Female Traveller Advice


I%26#39;m watching this thread avidly, cos I am going mid April for 2 weeks on my own to Calangute! :)




I%26#39;m staying at the Riviera de Goa Hotel which I understand is opposite the night market (is it open?). I look forward to hearing more responses. Thanks! ;-)




The night market finally opened at the end of Feb, we missed it by one day!!. I%26#39;m not sure how long it will stay open this season, but will hopefully still be open for your visit. The only advice/tips I can give are all the usual ones really - keep things like passports safe and don%26#39;t take out more money than you need for each day. I don%26#39;t know if your hotel has a security box, but I%26#39;m sure that they do - you may want to check if you need a padlock and key.



Baga Beach is busy busy, if you fancy something a bit quieter then my favourite beach is Small Vagator - about a 20 mins taxi ride from Arpora.There are a few shacks and a lovely rock carving of a Buddah on the beach and you can also get a massage.




im flying out friday on my own for just over 2 weeks,,this will be my 4th time on my own,and it is safe just keep your wits with you,,,



you will meet loads of people and im sure you will be fine,,i will be in baga/calangute



dont really know anyone going this time but im sure i will manage and still have a ball



any advise please ask




Hi Sandie





i am in the same hotel as you 5-26 my advice is get a taxi to baga beach, dont pay more than 100rps one way it may be pretty crowded near britto%26#39;s at the river end but if you walk up the beach about 100 yards it is alot quieter try Bistro`s shack thats pretty good and you will get loads of information off waiters there if you need any, just thought the hotel provides a courtesy bus to baga and back every hour so you dont need taxis.




Better you visit tripadvisor.in/Tourism-g312680-Arpora_Goa-Va… to get latest information that will help you to chalk out your daily touring schedule.



Luxury travel consultant

No comments:

Post a Comment