Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Ladies Dresses- Shopping

I would like to buy a formal ball gown (long to the floor)- Where is the best place to find such a thing in Mumbai?



Ladies Dresses- Shopping


You may tryout Kimaya. It%26#39;s near Sea Princess Hotel on Juhu-Tara Road, Santacruz (West) Ph: 022 26605575





It has collections by India%26#39;s leading Fashion designers.



Ladies Dresses- Shopping


One of my friends is a fashion designer and she does gowns too. She%26#39;s in Juhu. If you%26#39;re intersted please PM me %26amp; I%26#39;ll give you her contact details.




Sue -





Mumbai is not the right place to buy a formal ball gown. There is a small clutch of designers who are very expensive; and you won%26#39;t find the kind of variety and price ranges that you%26#39;d get in say, Singapore or London or Sydney.





If you do wish to buy in Mumbai, South Mumbai is a better bet than Juhu.





Ensemble is a good store to try; they are on Shahid Bhagat Singh Marg and have multiple designers. Courtyard in Colaba has several designers showcasing their work. There is a shop inside the Taj hotel in Colaba which also has some formal gowns.





There is a set of boutiques at Kemps Corner where you can spend a pleasant afternoon; the Kimaya here is a better than the one in Juhu (this one is bigger I think, spread over 2 levels). There is also Melange at Altamount Road, and a whole bunch of other places whose names I can%26#39;t remember but they are all sandwiched under the Kemps Corner flyover, on the road that goes upwards.





- Deepa




There are a number of very good tailors who will be able to custom make you a dress. I have previously had an outfit made at Praminik which was perfect design.





Try Santa Cruz area for local tailors or the well know shops - eg seasons or friendship.




Deepa,





Perhaps Amara was one of the names that eluded you? Ensemble has an outlet at August Kranti Marg too, near Shalimar Hotel at Kemps Corner.





SUE,





I have had western formal ensembles tailored for my daughter by Pinky : +91-9323160878. She has a studio in Colaba. Lovely tailoring, but I knew exactly what I wanted and provided the material and design.





She is supposed to be a designer and seems to have some designs of her own too but I have not tested her designing skills.





How is the saree hunt going? Ratanshi Kheraj has opened a store in South Mumbai on Gamdevi Lane near Kemps Corner, in case you are making a trip to Kemps Corner




DG,





Did you mean Pramanik in Dadar or some other place? I must check them out then, since I have requirements coming up.




India has world class talent in every sphere and clothing is one of them.





Some Top Class Designers from Mumbai are:





1. Abu Jani %26amp; Sandeep Khosla 022-26731862



2. Anna Singh 022-26487378



3. Hemant Trivedi 022-23856565



4. Rocky S 022-26609090





You can get a world class ball gown from any of them.




Many Thanks to all - I will venture out and try to find and if I can%26#39;t find then I will get something made.





Thanks again





Regards,





Sue




Hi Sue



If you have a design in mind, please take it along a picture to any tailor in Mumbai and they will be able to make a perfect copy for you.





The tailors in mumbai are very quick in able to turn around a dress.




I do have a design in mind I might take it to a local tailor and get it made.





Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment