Monday, December 12, 2011

travelling alone in india

i am looking for some advice on travelling in india,a freind of ours is looking to travel later this year.she is in her forties and is a bit worried about certain places any advice would be appreciated.she is thinking of travelling alone,is there any places that could be a problem.i have been all over goa,kerela,and the south but not any where else in india,cheers digmon



travelling alone in india


All normal sensible advice and precautions while travelling alone ought to be taken.





Special care to be taken to avoid touts hanging around outside airports, stations, etc. Sticking to pre-booked or government established and licensed operators will help.





I usually take the precaution of texting taxi number to a contact when travelling by taxi late at night. I sometimes even make a call and let the person know location and taxi number so that the driver knows I have let someone know.





With sensible precautions, your friend should be safe.



travelling alone in india


Hi digmon,



I have just come back from 2 weeks in India, travelling as a lone female, also in that age bracket. I would support what Rofrank says. Additionally a good summary for women travellers is contained in the Lonely Planet Guide to India. Your friend might consider bringing a wedding ring. I was constantly quizzed about my husband. I took a photo of my husband and kids. I was in Mumbai/Delhi/Agra/Jaipur. Felt unsafest in Delhi and Agra, even in daylight.



A good rule of thumb if you go out alone is to assess if there are other women or families around where you are walking. Using ATM%26#39;s, there was often a guard outside where I went, but taxis will circle you, knowing you have just got out cash.



Happy to provide specific info if you want to message me privately.



FW


  • shiseido
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment