Wednesday, December 7, 2011

New tax in Delhi airport also for transit passengers??

Hello forum posters,



As I%26#39;ve seen there is a new tax of 27$ per departure from Delhi airport. As I know we need transit visa to go from arrival to departure, we%26#39;ll have that paid and taken care of, for both ways.Now, is this tax also for people just changing planes? This is making travel through Delhi very expensive and not worth.



We bought and paid our tickets already, for May, going to Nepal, trekking to Mustang, so cannot change these tickets without paying penalty. Is there any way not to pay this tax??



Appreciate your answers.



New tax in Delhi airport also for transit passengers??


I do not think transit passengers have to pay departure tax, but you should email the airline you are travelling with and ask them. I am of the opinion that you will not need to.



New tax in Delhi airport also for transit passengers??


I should clarify here, transit passenger means you do not leave the airport transit lounge and cross customs. I just noticed that you have a transit visa that does enable you to leave the airport (whether you do so is immaterial), so in your case they might ask for the tax. Best clarify with airline, as I said above.




Thank you, Brave1



As we fly into Delhi with RJ and onto Nepal with Jet aurlines, we have to get our luggage and exit the arrivals going straight to departures. Therefore we need transitvisa. The airline didn%26#39;t include anything in the ticket, as this tax is new, and they said we might have to pay anything. I just think that 27$ for passing through is very much.



On our way back it is the same, arriving late afternoon, leaving in the middle of the night,without exiting into the city. Any suggestions who can have answers except the airline?




Try the Delhi airport website. I think Dilli_billi posted it sometime back, but you can find it on Google search. Mind you, you may not get a correct answer unless you are actually there, so prepare to pay the tax. If you don%26#39;t have to pay it, then good for you.





Let me know what happens because I am interested to know the outcome.




Thank you again, Brave1.



I left my question on the form I found at the airport-site, maybe I%26#39;ll get an answer.



We%26#39;ll be travelling in May, so the latest I%26#39;ll update you after our return.

No comments:

Post a Comment