Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Taxi from Agra to Jaipur via Fatehpur Sikri

Hello,





I am planning to see the Taj at sunrise and then catch a taxi to Jaipur, stopping at Fatehpur Sikri on the way. I wondered if you could help me with a couple of questions:





1. Approximately how much should the taxi cost (including waiting time at Fatehpur Sikri) and what is the best company to go with?





2. I will have my suitcase with me (with all my belongings in it), so will it be safe left in the taxi when walking around Fatehpur Sikri - or should I insist on the taxi driver walking round with me, so he does not drive off with it!





3. Is taxi the best way to go - or should I just get a taxi to Fatehpur Sikri and then a taxi back to Agra, then the train to Jaipur (is there a mid afternoon train)?





Thank you in advance for your help,





Kind Regards,





Tom



Taxi from Agra to Jaipur via Fatehpur Sikri


Doing Agra %26amp; Fathehpur Sikri by taxi will be better.





For Jaipur you may go by 2965 Gwalior-Udaipur Express. It start at 6 PM from Agra and reaches Jaipur at 10:20 PM. Saves you day time and taxi cost.



Taxi from Agra to Jaipur via Fatehpur Sikri


Hi,



After seeing the Taj at sunrise you have enough time to go to Fateh pur Sikri come back to hotel and can ask same taxi to drop you at the railway station Agra Fort for train NO.2965 TO Jaipur at 0600 PM.



deepak




That sounds like a great idea - how long should a round trip to Fatephur Sikri take (including time at the site)? I assume it is fairly cheap to get a taxi down there and ask him to wait?





Thanks again,





Tom




Hi Tom, It takes one hour and 15 minutes app. to go to Fatehpur Sikri and same time to return. you can spend 1hr. to 1%26amp;1/2 hr. to visit that place so total time should not be more than 5 hours in any case.You should start by 10 or 1030 AM for Fateh pur Sikri.



Taxi for round trip will cost around 500 Rs.app. for the round trip but COST depends upon the type of car you wants to hire.



deepak




Hi





I visited the Taj and Fatehpur Sikri during 6 weeks travelling by train. You can read about it at:-



http://www.travels2india.co.uk/



and see the photos at:-



http://www.travels2india.co.uk/Fatehpur.htm



Whilst travelling towards Fatehpur you will pass many people trying to get you to stop for the %26#39;dancing bear%26#39; by getting them to %26#39;dance%26#39; right in front of your path. These bears are mistreated and would advise everyone NOT to stop. Take a look at:-



www.travels2india.co.uk/Dancing%20bears.htm



Regards





Paul




I would suggest you to hire car for Agra to Jaipur. There is no sense to do round trip Agra-Fatehpur sikri-Agra, as deepak said it will take 5 hrs for round trip. It will be better to move Jaipur instead of coming back to Agra. As Agra to Jaipur is 5 hrs drive and 1 hrs for fatehpur sikri. Total comes to 6hrs for Agra-Fatehpur Sikri-Jaipur trip. You will also have enough time in Jaipur. Approx. cost for economy Tata Indica car will be 3500-3800 INR. For Toyota Innova, it will be around 5500-5800 INR.





Cheers.




My guides tell me there are no dancing bears now and that they have been rehabilitated at the Sloth Bear Rescue Centre in Agra.




Yes ,As Deepa said sloth bear dancing is history now .I think that was the case 3 years back.I am on that road allmost evry other day.



deepak




Hi deepakAgraIndia and Deepa_Krishnan





Many thanks for the update on the bear%26#39;s. It was a few years ago that I did the trip (October 31st to November 18th 2003) and am pleased that they are no longer %26#39;preforming%26#39; along the road and have been rehabilitated.





Many thanks





Paul




We all are pleased..........


  • shiseido
  • 1 comment:

    1. Heya¡­my very first comment on your site. ,I have been reading your blog for a while and thought I would completely pop in and drop a friendly note. . It is

      great stuff indeed. I also wanted to ask..is there a way to subscribe to your site via email?










      Taxi from Heathrow

      ReplyDelete