Wednesday, December 7, 2011

perscription glasses in candolim



I have heard that getting glasses made in India can be cheap....Can anyone recommend an opticans shop in Candolim? and is it worth it?



perscription glasses in candolim


My husband has quite a complex prescription. He has used Eye Site, opticians, Beach Road Candolim.



This year he had variofocals made, reactor light, anti scratch anti glare, he paid 拢130. If you have a straightforwar prescription you can probably get glasses cheaper.



They are also better quality, than the pair Specsavers made for OH in 2007. The lens were like milk bottle bottoms.



Hoever if its just reading glasses you can get good deals here on internet.



perscription glasses in candolim


My daughter went to Eye Site and he even posted her contact lenses home for no extra cost, they arrived a few days after she got home, she is very plesed with what she bought.




Definately Eye Site - excellent service. Have had two pairs this season, and varifocle sunglasses.



The owner and his wife cannot do enough for you.




l would be careful in buying prescription glasses in Goa . Alot of the so called opticians ( alot are not qualified ) They use computerised eye testing which is illegal in this country . This simply means somebody operates a machine whilst u look through it . When l was in Goa recently l lost my beloved Versace prescription reactalite glasses in the sea to a large wave ! ! As l only had my contact lenses with me l thought l would buy a pair of glasses whilst out there . l went to a so called optician in Panjim ( reccommended to me by a hotel guest ) When he delivered thm to the hotel and l put them on l thought Ugh.....blimey these feel strange . l did not buy them ( he was very good about it ) When l came home l went to my optician and had an eye test and it was completely different to the one l had in Goa . My optician explained to me about the computerised eye testing in Goa and told me u or l could call ourselves opticians out there. So the moral of this story is BEWARE. Buying cheaply in Goa doesnt always work out for the best.



l guess if you have your own prescription from england that would help but to be honest l would still hesitate . They will tell you the moon is made of cheese over there ! ! Hope this info helps .



Cheers Sereta




Just returned from Candolim - took prescription with me. Had been quoted 拢405 in England. I wanted Rimless,variofocal,thin lense, reactolite, anti scratch. Got pair for 拢102 and one without reactolite for 拢8o, also rimless.





Used DANGUI OPTICIANS near the market in Mapusa, only 400 rupees by taxi. They have branches in Calengute and Panjim but are cheaper in the shop near the market.





Went with some friends who had been to Goa in December and got glasses , just ordinary distance and reading glasses for 拢38. Husband got some this tim for 拢40.





One of the pair I ordered were not just what I had ordered, the lense was too narrow. No problem they made a new pair and brought them to the hotel in Candolim three days later.





We were all very pleased with our glasses.






do they price the glasses in pounds or rupees? and how do you pay?




Judge,





We were quoted in 拢拢s and paid in sterling.



Also hubby took prescription from home, Like many other people we have used Eyesite for several years.






Thanks everyone!





I have a recent prescription so will take that.





had a bad experience with specsavers recently and even with the 2 for 1 offer two pairs where nearly 拢500 and were useless and I had to reject them......




We bought from Eye Site this January and had the computerized test and then the full test afterwards and I am still really thrilled with the specs I bought at a fraction of what they would have cost me here. The last test I had in the UK was in Boots and was exactly the same, computerized and then the full test afterwards. Eye Site was the only optician I have found that does glaucoma tests which I need as my mother has glaucoma. I would most definately use them again.




Hi Judge mental.....



What was the outcome of your experience with specsavers here ? Did u have to pay ? Only ask cause l know someone had a similar problem......Sereta

No comments:

Post a Comment