Sunday, April 4, 2010

Sandakphu visit

Hi,



I am planning to visit Darjeeling by the end of August 07 for five days with my family. I would like to visit Sandakphu by jeep. Can anyone advice me about the trip, accommodation there and the expenses?





Sandakphu visit


Hi,





Firstly I would advise you to try and postpone your visit to Darjeeling , since August will be very wet a season. And even if you do manage to come in August, the roads to Sandakphu will be treacherous and perilous-- and should be avoided by all means.





You will have to take a land rover jeep from Darjeeling for your trip to Sandakphu. The approx all inclusive rates are Rs 4000- per day per vehicle. There are trekkers huts which are available in Sandakphu and those are not very costly ( approx Rs 400 to 600 per night).





However pls be warned that the road to Sandakphu is practically not a road in its true sense ---it is a way laden with boulders and stones..and so the maxm speed possible is approx 15 to 20 kmph. Therefore in case you have some elderly people in your party, pls ask them to stay back in Darjeeling. Ideally, the best way to reach Sandakphu is by an overnight trek -- if you are adept at that.



Sandakphu visit


Hi





A groupd of four or five of us plan a trekking trip to Sandakphu, looking at the end of Sept or early October. Plan to travel from Calcutta to New Jalpaiguri by the overnight train and make our way.





Your ideas and advice welcome. How cold will it be, what are recommended places to stay, how many days each way, anything else that you might want to add.





Thanks in advance..




Hi,



I am planning to visit Darjeeling by the end of march 09 for five days with my family. I would like to visit Sandakphu by jeep. Can anyone advice me about the trip, accommodation there and the expenses?




Hi,



I am planning to visit Darjeeling by the end of march 2009 for five days with my family. I would like to visit Sandakphu by jeep. Can anyone advice me about the trip, accommodation there and the expenses?






Hi,



You can arrange a jeep from the bus stand below the Mall in Darjeeling.



Accomodation in Sandakhpu is very basic. You probably should not take children along. Its very high and very cold up there.



Cost, mm..it has been a very long time since I did this trip, but it will be fairly expensive. I am not aware of present prices for the jeep, so it would be improper of me to guess. Ask around, try 2-3 operators before you book.

No comments:

Post a Comment