Sunday, April 4, 2010

Looking for a good ';kuppa biriyani'; place

This may sound like a silly question, but I am in the Kochi/Ernakulam area and am looking for a restaurant that serves really good %26#39;kuppa biriyani%26#39; (kuppa mixed with erachi). I%26#39;m not interested in any ';thattu kadas'; (unless there%26#39;s one that%26#39;s fabulous). Can you point me in the right direction?



Looking for a good ';kuppa biriyani'; place


I am interested in the replies to this :) Made me curious.





But seriously, elj won%26#39;t just kappa and irachi curry served separately do?



Looking for a good ';kuppa biriyani'; place


if kappa served with erachi, seperately will do .. ?then Gramam restaurant near Mymoon theatre at chittoor road will be a one spot to be looked into





there is a reastaurant next to that called Fries , which also serves kerala dishes





best regards



Deepak Dayanandan




';Kappa'; cooked with beef is definitely different and better when eaten separately with erachi curry, so I think elj is asking for the genuine thing. I would have thought this is easily available! Why not ask the folks where you are staying. You need to check also at places like Grand Hotel on MG Road-if they dont serve it they may be able to guide you-they serve a good variety of ethnic food-their rice and fish curry is definitely among the better ones.




Thanks for all the replies. I have to say that personally, I think it tastes better mixed, rather than separate. :) I had a ';kothi'; when we went to Pala the other day, but we didn%26#39;t know where to stop, so that%26#39;s why I asked.





Anyway, we ended up making it here at home on our own after buying fresh kuppa from Pala, but thanks for the references. I know, it%26#39;s silly, but when you get a kothi, what else are you supposed to do but ask if you don%26#39;t know where to go? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment