Friday, April 2, 2010

Is it just me or ....

does anyone else pack their essentials ie money, tickets, passports, credit cards etc and then have to double check, triple check and even as you are driving off to the airport, do that one final check!!!!





I never know after watching these airport programmes how people turn up at the airport with no passport/the wrong passport etc.





I have to admit though that I like being organised!!!!



Is it just me or ....


make sure you check, double check and triple check your camera. This old dope took all the charging kit to Istanbul a fortnight ago and left the camera safely at home! Quite enjoyed looking and taking in all the sights without the obligation to photograph it all, although quite a bit of time was spent in camera shops in Istanbul thinking about whether to but another Sony Cybershot ....



Is it just me or ....


I would be gutted if I forgot the camera or video camera for that matter. I don%26#39;t feel the need to bring home any souvenirs from a holiday but I must have my photographs and video.





Been Florida 4 times now and always watching the videos, like we are there when we watch them. Our holiday snaps also come up on the computer screensaver so every day we are reminded about our wonderful trips we have made. Be nice to add Goa too.





Caroline




newball i check check and check again.my hubby says i look at tickets etc that much i;ll wear the print off.Buuuutttt.you can;t be to careful .If it was up to him we;d forget something you can bet.Barbs




Lol, i am the same, check, double check, triple check and again in the taxi I have to have it all out and check again lol.




best to double check and not check at all,when it comes to holidays i check over and over even tho i know have everything lol.




I hope you know you all sound like you have obsessive compulsive disorder!..........however, I am the same PMSL x




I used to do all this, as well as is are all the rings turned off on the cooker, water heater off etc etc. until the day I had done it all then went for a meal on the way to the Railway Station. We had taken the luggage to the station in the morning so off to the restaurant, had a nice meal then sauntered down to the station. Getting the tickets out of my hadbag found I had no bag, OMG I had left it in the restaurant.



Went back and found it closed, made numerous phone calls to find the owners went home for the afternoon. Went home to wait until they re-opened and the bag was there where I had left it.



Thankfully as we were going to Australia and faced a long flight had decided to stay overnight at Heathrow but did not arrive at the hotel until 2am missed our paid for dinner and a good nights sleep.



After that I am NOT allowed anywhere near tickets, passports or money.




Hi Newball





%26#39;and even as you are driving off to the airport, do that one final check!!!!%26#39; - What about when you arrive at the airport, don%26#39;t you check the items are still there, or after going through customs, or when you get on/off the flight, and then again when you get through immigration?





Checking is never ending. I even check, that I have checked, that I have checked everything...... Get what I mean!?





Regards





Paul



Happy Children%26#39;s Home - Helper




My other half always complains on the way to the airport, is that all he can hear is the sound of my Kipling bag (one of the big ones with loads of zip up and velcro pockets and organiser bits %26amp; monkey key ring) being unzipped and zipped and velcro pockets being opened and closed. He maintains that I check between 4 and 6 times in the car on the way up to Gatwick. For him it is a stressful 1 hour and 15 minute drive.





In my mind%26#39;s eye I say ';tickets, passport, credit cards, cash, car parking confirmation, lounge confirmation, holiday invoice and fruit pastilles';. Some of these items are in different parts of my bag and it%26#39;s the sound of my rummaging and the opening and closing of parts of the bag that do my other half%26#39;s head in.





He usually drives us, but one year we took a taxi and when I wasn%26#39;t looking, the driver took my flight bag with tickets etc and put it in the boot. Let%26#39;s just say, he took it of the boot quicker than he put it in.





Between the car park and check in I don%26#39;t do a check of my bag (I am too excited and just want to get going), but I do when we are waiting to check-in our luggage.





When we go through into the departure lounge and have done a bit of shopping, we go into one of the lounges and I do several more checks. You know when your flight appears on the monitor, you go to the gate and have to sit and wait before boarding, I do another couple of checks.





By the time we get on board, we both need a stiff drink because I am exhausted from checking and rechecking and the much beloved is exhausted with watching and listening to my rummaging.





I think part of the problem is that one year we went away, I forgot to take my credit cards. I was really miserable because I couldn%26#39;t buy all the things I like to buy at the airport or on holiday.




This checking business is just one of the things I do. Just don%26#39;t get me started on the toilet stops we have to make while at the airport and on the way to the plane!





My poor boyfriend deserves his holiday by the time we get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment